Set-up, changeover, adjust, and troubleshoot mold tooling in injection molding machines, as well as related auxiliary equipment. Complete quality checks on parts for first piece party submission, conferring with QA on part conformance. Debug new mold tools, establish and document molding process parameters, and review existing jobs for process improvements that result in improved product quality, machine utilization, and productivity efficiencies, and reduced set up time and scrap. Act as a resource in identifying and solving molding problems. Assist with automation, developing robotic path motions, testing procedures, and documentation of results.
- High School Diploma required. Technical college or college training/degree in related plastics manufacturing or engineering program preferred.
- Prior experience setting up and troubleshooting plastic injection molding machines in a precision production molding environment required (3+ yrs desired).
- Strong processing skills to develop and debug new processes and ability to provide input at mold design for effective use of processes.
- Previous experience with insert micro injection molding applications and automation/robotics a plus.
- Experience with Arburg, Engel and Toyo machines preferred.
- RJG system certified – eDart systems – a plus.
- Extensive experience setting up and adjusting processing parameters of 17 – 88 ton injection molding machines for small parts with very close tolerances.
- Experience with medical and automotive parts. Must be willing to develop a working knowledge of ISO procedures and Statistical Process Control (SPC) in an ISO certified facility.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to work proactively in a team environment and willing to share knowledge with others.
- Able to read precision measuring equipment and blueprints (2D and 3D).
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, and ability to visualize in 3D.
- Must have organizational skills and understanding of safety in a manufacturing work environment.
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Knowledge of polymer science, high end engineering and medical resins and associated process methodologies preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge required with capability to use standard Microsoft software.
- As the "go to" molding person in our operation, must be reliable and a fully engaged employee.
- Capable of lifting 80 lbs.
1st Shift hours: Mon - Thur, 6 am - 3:30 pm + Fri, 6 am - 10 am OR Mon - Fri, 7 am - 3:30 pm
Apply online at www.cadenceinc.com/careers