This is a working supervisor position, with approximately 50% of the time allocated to Tool Room management / supervisory activities and 50% to actual die / mold repair, maintenance, and build activities.
Plan and execute activities of the Tool Room. Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Tool & Die Makers to meet production schedules. Act as liaison between the Tool Room and all other departments to insure efficient production operation, optimum throughput, high quality product and execution of engineering development projects. As a working supervisor, will apply knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout, machining, and assembly procedures to repair and fabricate dies.
- High School Diploma and Tool & Die Maker journeyman’s license or equivalent experience required.
- Tool & Die Maker experience in a production metal stamping environment (5 yrs minimum); experience in a plastic injection molding environment desired. Knowledge of tool design concepts and software desired.
- Tool & Die Maker experience with leadership and training role.
- Must be able to operate all tool room equipment, including, but not limited to, lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, jig grinders, drill presses, etc. Must be knowledgeable of both manual and automated equipment.
- Knowledgeable of metal stamping tooling (Class A), equipment (punch presses and multi-slide), and precision measuring instruments.
- Exposure to plastic injection molding tools, processes, and equipment is desired.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills; strong math skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills, and self-motivated to resolve problems in a timely manner.
We're operating out of a brand new, state-of-the art manufacturing plant in the Sturgeon Bay Industrial Park. Work in a well-lit, clean, air-conditioned work environment!
Regular, full-time employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, long / short term disability, and life insurance; 401(k) with company match, vacation (pro-rated in year of hire and available immediately), 16 hours Sick / Personal Hours annually, 10 paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, tuition reimbursement, and incentive plan.
1st Shift schedule: Mon - Thur, 6 am - 3:30 pm + Friday, 6 am - 10 am; overtime as required to meet production demands