Skilled Custom Machine Assembler
Marine Travelift, Inc. - Sturgeon Bay, WI
The world's first mobile boat hoist was conceptualized and manufactured in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, in 1945. Officially established in 1954, Marine Travelift, Inc. has a long-standing reputation as a marine industry leader and is recognized for its tradition of excellence on a global scale. The company manufactures mobile boat hoists, marine forklifts, self-propelled transporters and other related marine lifting products with more than 3,500 units in service worldwide.
Job Type: Full-time - 2nd shift preferred - 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. 40-50 hours per week
Job Summary: The position will be responsible for assembling custom machines includig large boat hoists and other lifting equipment for marine and industrial applications.
- Install engines and compartments, pumps, tires, conduit and hydraulic lines, set pressures etc. on very large machines
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Drill holes for wires, hoses, and small parts
- Position parts and subassemblies by using and referring to blueprints
- Install various equipment accessories (decals, mudflaps, cameras, lights)
- Train and work in various areas of machine assembly in response to production demands
- Folow verbal and written work instructions
- Attention to detail to ensure that quality standards are adhered to
- All other duties that are assigned
Must have mechanical skills and/or abilities
Must able to read blueprints
Must be dependable and take pride in the work produced
Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
Hydraulics experience is a plus
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k benefit plan with company match
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified females, minorities, individuals with a disability, and veterans are encouraged to apply.