30 years ago, Door County Economic Development Corporation was founded “to improve the economic vitality of the county and its residents.” To continue that goal, DCEDC seeks a positive team player that is motivated by meaningful work, values collaborative relationships, and wishes to contribute to Door County’s economic future by overseeing the operations of Door County Economic Development’s Business Development Center and managing business administration for the organization.
Organization: Door County (Wisconsin) Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC)
Posting Date: November 20, 2019
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI (some travel required (less than 5%)
Type of Position: Part time, direct hire
Hours: 12:00PM-5:00PM; some flex-time as hours and days will shift as business dictates
Education Preference: Minimum of Associates Degree in accounting and with prior office management experience
Experience Preference: Experience in Quick Books or other accounting software. Experience with Excel, Word and G Suite
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: Retirement contribution, paid vacation, paid holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Financial Coordinator duties:
- Oversees all accounting functions including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Review Deposits for accuracy
- Review Invoices for accuracy
- Prepare Checks for invoice payment
- Make Deposits
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Treasurer
- Presents the monthly financial statements to Board of Directors.
- Coordinate all communications for the Monthly Board of Directors meeting including:
- Prepare Draft Agenda and BOD Meeting Packet emailed to BOD
- Keep track of RSVP’s – need quorum
- Setup the conference room (Admin Assistant orders lunch).
- You prepare the minutes – Ex Dir edits.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the Annual Budget.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with corporation rules, policies, and regulations.
- Conducts independent research, monitors compliance and prepares written materials correspondence, reports, plans, letters, minutes, and applications.
- Provides information and assistance to business clients and prospects, the general public, and government agencies.
- Maintains records, prepares monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Prepares reports and maintains compliance on all grants and program contracts, including monitoring loan payments, monitoring loan recipient financial status, monitoring fund balances, and reporting requirements.
- Assists auditors in the annual review.
- Coordinates private and public sector fundraising campaign.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Business Development Center duties:
- Maintains tenant relations by serving as the primary contact for tenants and facilitating the resolution of tenant problems and concerns.
- Facilitates tenant meetings and community, professional, and technical support for tenants.
- Maintains key inventory, tenant leases and insures tenant compliance with lease terms.
- Secures and oversees vendors for required maintenance and servicing of facility and equipment (snowplowing, lawn maintenance, HVAC maintenance, etc.)
- Assists Executive Director in marketing activities, public relations, and prospect development and maintains tenant prospect list.
- Maintains facility/tenant space improvement schedule.
- Conducts annual survey/evaluation of tenants and graduates progress and accomplishments.
Professional skills and abilities:
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously, tactfully, and effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to operate common office equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a collaborative environment beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare written and statistical reports from various data.
- Requires very good organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly Wage, depending upon qualifications
- Reimbursement for work-related mileage
- Paid holidays, vacation
Please submit any questions as well as resume and cover letter to Jim Schuessler, Executive Director, at email@example.com. First review of applications will take place the week of December 9, 2019.
About DCEDC: “The Door County Economic Development Corporation is a public/private partnership dedicated to improving the economic vitality of the county and its residents.” From the Bay of Green Bay to Lake Michigan, Door County has a total area of 2,370 square miles, of which 482 square miles is land and 1,888 square miles is fresh water. With a diverse and thriving economy, Door County’s unmatched economic ecosystem provides multi-faceted opportunities to achieve Business by Nature.
Door County Economic Development Corporation – Achieving Workforce Development by Nature