Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a premier destination for shopping and fun on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Wisconsin. We are family owned and operated with fruit orchards, a processing plant, a canning company, and farm market with an in-store bakery. We specialize in cherries and apples and offer them to our customers in a variety of forms - fresh off the tree, canned in fillings or jams, baked in pies and other goodies, pressed into juice and even dried and covered in chocolate! We are family friendly and have events and festivals throughout the summer. Outside our market there is a large playground area with a rope maze and peddlecarts for kids of all ages to enjoy.
The Farm Market is a seasonal operation with our retail store and bakery open from mid-May to late October. However, we are looking to hire a dedicated group of individuals to work a flexible year-round schedule in our bakery. We have grown immensely and have much prep work and production to do in the off-season months. Not only do we make made-from-scratch pies, but we have cookies, turnovers, coffeecakes and more offered daily. Being open in the summer and fall means that those seasons require more time than the winter months and fortunately there is plenty of time to rest and relax in the off-season. Come and join our team today!
- Execute production - working in both an individual and team setting
- Assist in early morning pie and doughnut production
- Prepare a variety of products for baking as directed by bakery manager
- Frost, package, and stock baked goods to sell in retail store
- Operate commercial kitchen equipment
- Manage multiple ovens and timers throughout baking
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools after use
- Deep clean kitchen facilities and equipment in the off season
- Positive attitude with a team mentality
- Hard work ethic
- Experience a plus but we will train
- Familiarity of food safety practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work early morning shifts and long days
For our full time kitchen production staff, we start our pay at $14.00-$15.00/hour, depending on skills/experience. Overtime hours are paid at 1.5x base pay.
Winter Hours - 32 hours/week, Summer/Fall Hours - 50 hours/week, Weeks off during winter- around 8 weeks from Thanksgiving until late January, Total Hours expected in a year- around 1840 hours
We have a variety of benefits that we offer, including: Holiday Pay, 401K, Healthcare Stipend, Paid Time Off, Volunteering Benefit, Free/Discounted Food and Drinks, Shopping Discount, and an End-of-season Bonus. Specifics to these will be discussed further in intitial interview.
Interested in learning more or setting up an interview? Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot her a text at 920.421.1328. We are starting production now and are taking applications!