The HR/Safety Specialist is responsible for implementing a variety of Human Resources programs as well as providing guidance and oversight for environmental health and safety issues for the company. The HR/Safety Specialist will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative.
- Oversee and assist with recruiting and interviewing employees to fill vacant positions
- Facilitate annual evaluations
- Coordinate and deliver all training programs
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation
- Conduct and document exit interviews immediately with former employees (voluntary and involuntary) to determine areas to improve personnel policies and relations
- Manage benefit programs to ensure the cooperative and employees receive the most value.
- Update employees on changes to the status of their benefits
- Complete and submit injury and accident reports within due dates to the proper government agencies and insurance companies
- Conduct an annual salary survey within the labor market
- Supervise and coordinate the recordkeeping of:
- Employee insurance coverage
- 401k programs
- Personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, training needs, and terminations
- Any other records required by the government
- Administer personnel policies
Environmental / D.O.T. Compliance
Environmental compliance involves coordinating safety programs, developing safety procedures, assessing safety equipment and regulations, developing and maintaining records, and representing the cooperative.
- Coordinate the presentation of safety programs to all employees during orientation as required by law
- Work with department managers and employees to develop safety and maintenance procedures for operations and equipment
- Assist in developing recommendations for safety equipment needs and assist in assessing the environmental soundness of new facility and equipment purchases
- Keep up-to-date and audit internal safety practices to ensure compliance regulations and recommend changes where necessary
- Develop and maintain records to comply with environmental, D.O.T., and other regulations and update as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records for hazardous materials
- 2-year college degree in Human Resources or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Must be creative, innovative, flexible, and adaptable
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
The position is hourly and the work schedule is Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:00PM. We offer a great opportunity with a competitive wage, based on experience, as well as profit sharing and a benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, eye care expense, 401K with company match, and PTO.
If you are a hardworking and reliable individual, we are interested in talking to you about a future career here at the Door County Cooperative!