We are Team DCEDC, based in one of 24/7 Wall Street’s Best Cities to Live, and serving all of America’s Natural Beauty and Entrepreneurial Paradise, Door County, Wisconsin. Team DCEDC is proud to be tasked with ensuring it stays that way. Team DCEDC is a fast, collaborative team of innovators who do important work that makes our county better every day! If you have the heart of a public servant and the spirit of an entrepreneur, please read on!
Our focus of providing exceptional customer service and bringing value to our citizens makes this opening a great opportunity for professional growth in a results-oriented team environment.
At Team DCEDC we hire innovative, forward-thinking problem-solvers who love what they do.
Organization: Door County (Wisconsin) Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC)
Posting Date: May 20, 2019
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI some out-of-county travel required-less than 5%
Type of Position: Full-time, Direct hire
Hours: 8AM-5PM; hour lunch, some flex-time as hours and days will shift as business dictates
Education Preference: Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field. Work experience exchangeable for degree in these fields. CEcD or EFFP certification preferred. Economic or Community Development experience is a plus.
Experience Preference: Two or more years of experience preferred.
Salary Range: Up to $47,000 salary, depending upon qualifications, car allowance, paid vacation, wellness incentive, sick time, deferred compensation program
Reports to: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Strong social media skills to promote activities of DCEDC as well as supporting marketing plan development for entrepreneurs and existing businesses.
- Website development skills as well as marketing of the website to reach prospective new members to Door County’s labor force.
- Executes initiatives and activities to facilitate county-wide local business attraction, expansion, and retention including incentive awareness, conducting business evaluations/surveys, and providing general economic development assistance.
- Working understanding of financials including the development of proformas to help provide foundational support for business plan development.
- Initiate contact and develop relationships with entrepreneurs, utilize DCEDC systems to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop relationships with professional services such as banks, accountants, and visitors centers that can provide contacts to entrepreneurs.
- Vet and assist entrepreneurs in the development of sustainable business plans.
- Project-manage entrepreneurs through the process of creating a business plan, financing, and any other major obstacles they may face.
- Have and maintain a strong working knowledge of available entrepreneurial resources including WEDC, SBDC, and SCORE in order to make referrals to clients.
- Lead organization’s Business Retention and Expansion program to expand services to existing businesses and ensure barriers to their success are addressed.
- Lead Community Development initiatives with communities seeking assistance.
- Ability to project-manage initiatives to ensure favorable outcomes a necessity.
- Support retail attraction strategies, including development of pop-up shops.
- Lead, refine, and expand the DCEDC Buy Local program.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Job requires public speaking, meetings with elected officials and stakeholders. Prepares reports on economic development and redevelopment activities for advisory boards and elected officials.
- Staffs or serves as liaison to citizen committees, non-profit organizations, special interest groups, and community groups concerning economic development issues and problems; makes presentations to these groups as assigned.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design and implementation skills
- Economics and accounting principles
- Financial markets and their impact on local businesses
- Banking reports and personal/business financial statements
- Development costs and sources of financing
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Innovative thinking for idea generation
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial approach
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Developing and conducting workshops/presentations
- Knowledgeable of government laws, court procedures, legal codes, executive orders, government regulations, and other important local laws and customs pertaining to economic development
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously, tactfully, and effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to operate common office equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a collaborative environment.
- Requires very good organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BENCHMARKS:
- Successful rollout of LIVEDoorCounty.org website and marketing plan
- Business startups and expansions
- Total enrollment in annual Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Up to $47,000 salary, depending upon qualifications
- Wellness program incentive
- 6% deferred compensation match into the DCEDC 403(b) program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
About DCEDC: “The Door County Economic Development Corporation is a public/private partnership dedicated to improving the economic vitality of the county and its residents.” From the Bay of Green Bay to Lake Michigan, Door County has a total area of 2,370 square miles, of which 482 square miles is land and 1,888 square miles is fresh water. With a diverse and thriving economy, Door County’s unmatched economic ecosystem provides multi-faceted opportunities to achieve Business by Nature.