Are you looking for an exciting job? Do you have experience driving a farm tractor? Do you appreciate the importance of excellent customer service? If you've said yes to all three questions, then you will enjoy being a volunteer wagon/tractor driver for the Door County Maritime Museum at Cana Island!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Transport visitors across the Cana Island causeway using a farm tractor and wagon
- Help passengers get safely in and out of the wagon
- Be conscientious and cautious of pedestrians and foot traffic both over the causeway and on Cana Island
- Understand and communicate the basic policies and admissions for the island
- Communicate general information and history of Cana Island Light Station.
- Current driver's license
- Experience driving a farm tractor or ability to learn how to drive the tractor
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Flexible work schedule (must be available weekends/major holidays)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The work environment is out of doors in the elements.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hand and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and sit.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.