This full-time position will be responsible for programming and trouble-shooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) for all Therma-Tron-X, Inc. systems. Programmers will be required to create custom ladder –logic, custom screens, and custom script functions to control oven equipment, hydraulic equipment, waste treatment equipment, and any other custom industrial equipment that has been designed and incorporated into our systems. Programmers will be responsible for researching and developing new technologies as they apply to the control and monitoring of our systems. Programmers will be expected to follow each application through to its conclusion which includes all aspects of programming the equipment, writing the technical manual, traveling to customer sites to install and debug, and training personnel on site.
- Strong understanding of PLC, computer, and networking architecture
- Familiarity with Digital, Analog, and PID controls
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Familiarity with proper wiring, safety, and control standards
- Capability to assist with wiring and testing of control circuits
- Associates degree in a technical field related to machine control
- Recent experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s preferred