Door Artisan Cheese is a two year old Award Winning cheese producer in Egg Harbor, WI . Besides making over 20 different varieties of cheese we also have a Market and a Tapas style restaurant
We are looking to add 2 or 3 production positions. Experience in cheese or food packaging is preferred but we are willing to train the right person. We are looking for responsible, dependable canidates that have a desire to help grow our business. These are year-round, full-time positions.
- Clean and sanitize equipment.
- Transfer cheese into and out of brine.
- Fill empty hoops.
- Remove cheese from hoops.
- Maintain cheese flip schedule.
- Move curing racks of cheese to cooler.
- Stack cheese moulds.
- Maintain brine salinity.
- Ensure proper natamycin coverage.
- Load cheese onto curing racks.
- Properly wrap, weigh and tag pallets.
- Operate manual pallet jacks in a safe manner.
- Ensure stability of loads.
- Communicate to line personnel on safety and quality issues.
- All employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Proven work history along with a good attendance record.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- May be required to obtain forklift operator’s license and/or pallet truck certification.
- Use of motor skills to safely drive fork lift and Pallet Jack in tight quarters.
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 70-90 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder, shoulder-to-overhead and pushing/pulling/carrying.
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend/twist neck and back; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 65 lbs.
………..is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer AA/M/F/V/D.