TICKET SALES MANAGER & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Want to join the Northern Sky team? You’ll be overseeing all ticket and group sales, merchandise management, and coordination of a huge team of volunteers. You’ll also be 1 of a team of 70 helping up to 700 people experience one of Northern Sky’s amazing original productions more than 200 times a year. This position requires the ability to interact comfortably with a wide array of individuals, from staff to donors and board members.
You must have excellent customer service skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent money handling and reconciliation skills, and have a comfortable working knowledge of PC computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry programs. Basic web platform and email marketing platform knowledge a plus. Sense of humor is a must.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A positive team player with a “can do” attitude.
- An interest in the performing arts and the ability to articulate their importance.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- A solid team player who also has the ability to work independently when necessary.
- Flexibility with evening and weekend hours.
- A “big picture” thinker with attention to detail.
- A creative problem-solver who is able to “think outside the box.”
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- A poised and professional composure.
- Good judgment and ability to be discrete in communications.
POSITION IS REPONSIBLE FOR:
- Manage ticket office sales, messaging and customer service. Ticket office messaging tools and documents organized and ready prior to April.
- Manage and train seasonal ticket office workers to ensure accurate data entry, positive customer service, and a sustainable, high-quality patron experience.
- Collaborate with Managing Director in the recruitment and hiring process of new ticket office staff.
- Coordinate and run regularly scheduled ticket office staff meetings at both office and park.
- Maintain all ticket office money and preparation of daily bank deposits in a safe and secure environment.
- Oversee reconciliation of ticket and cash/credit card sales at end of each shift.
- Maintain the integrity of the Total-Info (TI) Easy-Ware Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Provide for physical maintenance and cleanliness of ticket office area.
- Order ticket office supplies and equipment on a timely basis.
- Prepare tickets, reports, seating charts, etc. for venue on performance days.
- Maintain ticket office procedures manual.
- Assist ticket office staff with TI technical questions. Work to become an independent CRM process leader and trainer.
- Assist with, as requested by Managing Director, bank bag pick-up.
- Fill-in when needed for ticket office shifts in park or Gould Theater.
- Provide supplemental customer service and ticket office assistance as needed.
- Establish and monitor ticket office staff weekly hours. Maintain schedules to not exceed weekly maximum hour limits. Explain ticket office minimum 3-hour per shift credit policy. Make sure staff weekly time sheets are tabulated correctly and turned into the Managing Director on time for payroll processing (no later than 10am the Monday before bi-weekly Thursday payroll check day)
- Support team members in their duties in a positive manner.
- Sell holiday show tickets and general merchandise in ticket office during off-season.
- Ensure reconciliation of sales against cash/credit card totals at end of each day during off-season. Fulfill requests by various fundraisers for donated complimentary tickets.
- Responsible for administration reception – coordinate during season, facilitate off season.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, handles multiple lines with confidence.
- Assist with donation processing (from donation entry to donation acknowledgement) as requested by the Development Director.
- Assist with special events such as: Red Carpet Night, Raise the Curtain, etc.
- Assume other projects and duties as requested by Managing Director.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment efforts, including retention and new volunteers.
- Supervise and work closely with the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator to ensure timely completion of all volunteer duties and coordination, including:
- Maintain TI volunteer contact and personal info database.
- Recruit volunteers to assist Development Director with large mailings: print, stuff, seal, label, stamp, mail - auction solicitation & invites, large donor letter with comps, opening night invites, company welcome letters and contract packets, volunteer sign-ups & schedules.
- Manage all aspects of planning the annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon.
- Schedule volunteers; create volunteer calendars in a timely manner.
- Communicate with scheduled volunteers weekly in the summer & fall via email or phone.
- Coordinate need for volunteers with other staff.
- Manage and coordinate training of volunteers to ensure top-notch consistent positive customer service, and a sustainable, high-quality patron experience.
- Oversee the Sunshine Coordinator – send out volunteer birthday, anniversary, sympathy cards.
- Oversee volunteer calendar for Between Show Meals, workshop meals, and rehearsal meals.
- Update Volunteer Handbook annually.
- Assist the Marketing Director in the design of marketing materials.
- Maintain performance calendars and contracts annually.
- Promote shows to group tour operators via direct mail & electronic methods.
- Manage all financial aspects of group tours: collecting deposits and final payments on a timely basis.
- Communicate and coordinate with tour operators up to, and including, their arrival at the theater.
- Represent Northern Sky in membership with Circle Wisconsin.
- Develop and implement merchandise sales strategies.
- Determine merchandise to be sold in consultation with Managing Director and Marketing Director.
- Obtain approvals/permissions from authors as required for show-specific merchandise.
- Supervise/delegate order placement and inventory tracking.
- Supervise/delegate merchandise sales deposit reconciliation and end-of-day sales report.
- Monitor sales and adjust merchandise as necessary.
- Assist with processing online merchandise orders.
- Sets up merchandise stand at beginning of season and closes stand at end of season.
- Responsible for agreed upon sales goals.
- Maintain company merchandise inventory.
- Ensure processing and fulfillment of online merchandise orders.
This is currently an hourly position, typically 32-39 hours per week, depending on the season.
Office located in Fish Creek. Please email cover letter and resume to Dave Maier, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.#