This position will travel to our various job sites throughout the United States and internationally installing our custom paint systems.
Our installation crews are the face of TTX at our customer sites. Working closely with the Project Engineer and Field Leadmen, our crews assemble and start up custom industrial paint systems designed and fabricated by TTX.
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other material by applying appropriate techniques.
- Interprets blueprints and specifications to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Under the directions of the Field Leadman, will follow instructions and accept daily work assignments
- A high school degree or equivalency is required. A technical degree in welding or high school or postsecondary technical education coursework is preferred.
- Experience in MIG welding required. TIG welding is a plus. Work with steel and aluminum.
- Must take a TTX weld test
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Math skills including basic math, fractions, decimals, algebra, and geometry.
- Ability to precisely read a tape measure
- Attention to detail to perform precise work, often with straight edges and minimal flaws. Ability to see details and characteristics of the joint and detect changes in molten metal flows.
- Must be able to operate manual or semiautomatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal standard operation and safety instructions.
- Aptitude to become proficient at using welding gages to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Ability to complete assigned projects within required timeline
- Ability to cooperate with supervisors and accept instructions
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with all fellow co-workers
- Must maintain acceptable attendance and arrive at work early enough to be ready to work at the start of your shift.
- Follow safety procedures and reporting requirements, including participating in all required safety training.
- Travel to customer sites for system installations, service and warranty work up to 75% of the year is required
- Ability to travel internationally
- Hydraulic experience is a plus.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 10 hours a day.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry parts from 5 to 45 lbs. Occasionally up to 60 lbs. Hoists are available.
- Frequent twisting, reaching, grasping and bending.
- Ability to read blueprints, measuring tools and paperwork. Ability to write to complete paperwork.
- Workers must also have good hand-eye coordination.