As part of the Visitor Center team, assists walk-in visitors, visitor inquiry telephone calls and emails, and gift certificate requests promptly and informatively.
Creates and maintains a comfortable and welcoming lobby environment.
Maintains a high level of knowledge of Door County's accommodations, public and private attractions, highways, recreation areas, events, weather conditions, festivals and tourist attractions.
Ensures that visitor information publications are well stocked in the brochure racks in the lobby, outside the lobby and on display tables; disposes of out-dated materials. Maintains inventory of all members’ brochures and notifies members when additional materials are needed.
Responds to and resolves visitor dissatisfaction in a friendly manner; when appropriate, transfers information to the Business Manager for the formal complaint process.
Provides first hand feedback to the Management Team to help in shaping new strategies and developing organizational goals.
Duties may include:
· Fulfilling special requests
· Mailings of catalogs and literature
· Customer assistance for web-based materials or InnLine system
· Process gift certificate sales
· Production of special interest brochures for lobby use
· Maintaining seasonal décor in the lobby and on the front porch
· Assisting with calendars of events
· Organize printed and delivered materials (must be able to lift at least 25lbs)
PLEASE NOTE: This position REQUIRES weekend and summer holiday shifts (Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day).
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K (5% Match), Paid Vacation, Holidays
*** Applications will be accepted through jobsindoorcounty.com ONLY. Please, no phone calls***