Stop at 905 S. Neenah Avenue, Sturgeon Bay for an instant interview. Tuesday, January 28th from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We provide full training to people with a strong work ethic, solid basic math skills and a mechanical aptitude.
- Operate a CNC Horizontal Mill, Vertical Mill and Turning Center Lathe.
- Perform quality and measurement checks to make certain that parts run efficiently and accurately
- Removes burrs, sharp edges and clean parts using buffers, belt sanders and rotary tools.
- Study manufacturing orders with blueprints, manufacturing drawing and tool sheets to verify they are correct and fill out proper paper work when changes are necessary.
- Make tool changes, offsets and resolve basic problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- A high school degree or equivalency is required. A technical degree in CNC or high school or postsecondary technical education coursework is desirable.
- Experience in a factory, mechanical field or fast paced environment is a plus.
- Aptitude to learn blueprint reading
- Math skills including basic math, fractions, decimals, algebra and geometry.
- Attention to detail to do in-process inspection skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal standard operation and safety instructions.
- Aptitude to become proficient at using micrometers, dial bore gages, height gage, depth gages and dial indicators to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering specifications.
- Ability to get to work on time and to maintain acceptable attendance. Follow safety procedures.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 7 to 7.5 hours a day.
- Must be capable of loading and unloading a machine with an average of 5 to up to 40 parts per hour.
- Frequent twisting, reaching, grasping and bending to load a part every 2 to 5 minutes. Includes compressing a foot pedal and grasping a handle to apply pressurized air to clear out metal fragments while bending forward to contain metal scrap within the machine.
- Ability to regularly lift 2 to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 40 lbs. Hoists are to be used for lifting parts over 40 lbs.
- Occasional bending to clear out metal fragments from a repository.
- Depth to reach into the machine to load parts or change tooling is 20 to 25 inches. Reach into a crate to retrieve or pack parts is 18 to 22 inches deep.
- Ability to see blueprints, measuring tools and paperwork. Ability to write to complete paperwork. Ability to hear machine tooling and equipment.
- Must be able to safely walk in an area from 13 to 15 ft. to transfer parts and maintain the machine.
2nd shift M-F 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. 3rd shift S-Th. 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.