Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a premier destination for shopping and fun on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Wisconsin. We are family owned and operated with fruit orchards, a processing plant, a canning company, and farm market with an in-store bakery. We specialize in cherries and apples and offer them to our customers in a variety of forms - fresh off the tree, canned in fillings or jams, baked in pies and other goodies, pressed into juice and even dried and covered in chocolate! We are family friendly and have events and festivals throughout the summer. Outside our market there is a large playground area with a rope maze and peddle carts for kids of all ages to enjoy.
The Farm Market is a seasonal operation with our retail store and bakery open from mid-May to late October. We are looking for a flexible sales associate to work either our sample counter or bakery counter starting in early June. Your main goal is to be a friendly, welcoming personality to guests as they enter the store. At the sample counter, we sample dozens of products, rotating the samples weekly. You would maintain the samples (keeping them both filled and cleaned) and also handle coffee, popcorn, slushie and smoothie sales as well throughout the day. Regular stocking of product both on the counter and tables (and below tables) is required. At the bakery counter, we offer fresh baked treats and fudge to customers - serving them from a display case and packaging/labeling them for the customer as required. To be successful in these roles, you should have work experience in a retail setting and enjoy a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer an enjoyable experience to our customers on a daily basis.
- Greet guests thoughout the day, assisting in product questions on the floor
- Assist with sampling at our sample counter
- maintaining samples and keeping area clean
- Operate simple cash drawer for popcorn, slushies, smoothies, and coffee sales
- Preparation of popcorn and coffee
- Stocking product tables
- Close down sample counter as directed
- Clean sample kitchen tables, utensils, and sinks after use
- Assist in serving bakery and fudge at our bakery sales area
- Packaging pastries/fudge
- Restocking items during day
- Preparing samples of goodies
- Positive attitude with a team mentality
- Hard work ethic
- Experience in a retail setting a plus but we will train
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand during shift
- Ability to lift 15 pounds as needed
For our seasonal sales associate staff, we start our pay at $12.00/hour, with opportunity for increase. Overtime hours are paid at 1.5x base pay.
We are open Monday-Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the summer months. In September and October we are also open from 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays. Generally, our associates work between 8:30am-5:30pm with varied start/end times depending on the day. We are currently looking to fill 2-3 shifts per week.
We have a variety of perks that we can offer with this part-time job: Free/Discounted Food and Drinks, Shopping Discount, and a possible End-of-season Bonus.
Interested in learning more or setting up an interview? Email Laura at email@example.com or shoot her a text at 920.421.1328. We are now taking applications!