General Manager Position Available:
The Waterbury Inn, a 33 year-old condo-hotel of 46 one-bedroom and two-bedroom units in Ephraim, WI in Door County is recruiting for a new general manager. The current manager would like to move on to other endeavors after 14 years with the Waterbury Inn. The salary will be negotiable based on the candidate’s knowledge and prior experience as a general manager and commensurate with wage data from the Department of Workforce Development. In addition, a benefit stipend is provided, as is use of the three-bedroom general manager’s unit that is on the grounds of the Waterbury. It is the intent of the Board of Directors to have the successful candidate beginning working at the Waterbury ideally by January 1, 2020 (possibly earlier), which would provide a two month orientation from the current general manager. We are looking for a multi-year commitment from the successful candidate.
- Must have a reliable working vehicle with insurance coverage.
- A bachelor’s degree from a hospitality management program, such as UW Stout, is a plus, but not a requirement.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume with contact information for three references in a Microsoft Word format to Dan Zimmerman, President of the Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m. on October 16, 2019. Also, provide a brief response to each of the following:
- What changes would you recommend to the Waterbury Inn’s website?
- Provide a brief list of federal and state statutes and regulations, as well as local ordinances, you believe are applicable and most significant to the operation of a condo hotel in Wisconsin.
- What do you know about Door County, its history, businesses, and traditions?
- Describe a project that you planned, organized, and implemented that is relevant to the operation of a hotel.
If you have questions regarding the position, please send the questions to Mr. Zimmerman via email.