N.E.W. Industries, a privately held, midsized (200+ employee), innovative and sophisticated CNC machine and welding operation in beautiful Door County Wisconsin, is seeking experienced Controller candidates for our top financial leadership position. Qualified candidates will possess the financial skills, strategic business acumen, organizational and interpersonal skills to lead in our organization. The selected candidate will train for five months with the Vice President of Finance and Administration until his retirement at the end of December.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of the company’s strategic financial management, financial analysis, general accounting, forecasting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost and tax accounting and financial reporting. Additional responsibilities will include annual and strategic planning, treasury and banking responsibilities, work with external auditors, and financial institutions. This position oversees six staff members in accounting, information systems, and human resources. This is a fantastic position for a professional with strong accounting skills and who thrives in a busy workplace.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401k with a match, bonus program and fitness membership supplement. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Check out our website at www.new-industries.com
- Monitor the financial budget and performance of the company and communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Accountable for the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of general ledger accounts and all financial record keeping within the business including the coordination of invoicing, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Coordinate month end closing and prepare financial statements and reports.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and the company’s procedures.
- Authority to schedule and make all payables on a continuing basis to assure timeliness of payments and to maximize discounts earned, while also minimizing use of the credit line.
- Manage and coordinate customer credit analysis and ongoing collections and manage the cash receipts and disbursement cycle.
- Assure appropriate tax data is continually tracked and all government tax documents and payments are completed on a timely basis.
- Contribute to development and improvement of more detailed, specific, and actionable cost analysis for manufactured parts.
- Oversee management of inventory with the Director of Supply Chain and Material Flow.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Complete the annual financial plan and manage capital expenditures.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objective, policies, and operating procedures.
- Coordinate and manage the annual financial review with the company’s outside accounting firm. Manage relationship with the legal counsel
- Oversee business information systems, benefits, and human resources.
- Develop recommendations for improvements to general and cost accounting processes, human resource/benefit programs, and information systems.
- Work with Owner on the development of and support of the Company’s strategic planning.
- Assume responsibility for treasury and banking relationship with the financial institutions.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the JobBoss enterprise information systems for all business applications.
- Risk management, specifically ensuring adequate corporate insurance coverage and premium management.
- Manage the employee benefit plan renewals to support retention of employees while maintaining cost controls.
- Monitor, evaluate, and recommend computer system upgrades, enhancements, and changes, as needed.
- Requires undergraduate degree in accounting plus seven to ten years of advanced financial and accounting knowledge in the manufacturing sector. CPA or MBA designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Previous management of Accounting, I.T. and Human Resources personnel.
- Experience with capital expenditure spending and planning required.
- Cost accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of tax accounting and previous experience coordinating tax preparation with outside auditors.
- Sound integrity, confidentiality, and business judgment.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Enterprise Resource Planning systems (JobBoss).
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business.