FRONT DESK MANAGER
We are looking for a Front office manager to manage our reception area. You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations, and guests services.
As a Front office manager, you should combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to supervise and lead our front desk team, as well as providing/receiving information and feedback to/from other departments so we function as a team. Our ideal candidate can deal efficiently with complaints and has a solid customer service/friendly approach for both guests and coworkers.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our front desk provides professional and friendly service to our customers because you and your qualified staff believes in friendly, efficient, and hospitable service.
- Manages the clerical aspect of the organization and coordinating it with all departments
- Participate in the selection of front office staff
- Train, cross-train, and discipline front office personnel
- Creates a schedule for front desk staff
- Evaluate the job performance of each front office employee
- Maintain positive working relationships and effectively communicate with all departments
- Verify reservation accuracy by reviewing the daily audit, rates, dates, and notes on folios
- Resolve guest issues quickly, efficiently, and courteously
- Update group reservation info for ease of other staff members
- Follow up with Unit Moves for openings that would allow them to remain in one unit
- Keep waiting list info accurate and when cancellations come in call/email guests on waiting list
- Monitor stock and order office supplies
- Proven work experience as a Front desk manager or long-term, experienced front desk employee
with leadership qualities to perform front desk manager duties
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, printers, toner cartridges…)
- Knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping skills
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- knowledgeable in Lodgical Reservation software, Microsoft Outlook,Excel, and Word
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills. Able to trouble shoot emergencies as they arise.
- Organized and detail oriented
- High School diploma; additional certification and education is a plus