This is a second shift position with the hours of 4:00 p.m. to midnight Monday through Friday.
Position Purpose: Make sure that raw material, partially finished material, and finished parts are placed in the proper locations for inside operations, outside operations, and final inspections. Make sure that material moves in an efficient manner on the floor in an effort to keep machines continually running and machine operators at their machines. Empty chip hopper, recycling and garbage to ensure the plant is clean and organized.
- Move raw material to the shop floor for machining.
- Move in-process parts from machine to machine as required by specific move ticket information.
- Move machined parts to outside services, final inspection, or other designated areas, as required by specific move ticket information.
- Empty machine chip hoppers and chip barrels into designated hoppers.
- Move machining fixtures to and from machining areas to designated rack locations as directed by Team Leaders.
- Move raw materials for upcoming Jobs from Warehouse locations to their designated pre-staging areas by machine type.
- Empty trash, cardboard, and aluminum cans/plastic bottle containers in shop area on an as-needed basis.
- Snow removal and other building maintenance whenever necessary.
- Ability to safely move materials using a forklift.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to get on and off forklift and to lift up to 30 pounds.