Assistant to Banquet Chef, Starting wage: $13/hr with merit increase potential after a 60 review
JOB SUMMARY (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Under the direction of the Banquet Chef the Assistant to the Banquet Chef is responsible for performing duties and rotating through various back of house positions with the ability to fill in during the Banquet Chef’s absence. The Assistant to the Banquet Chef helps ensure guests are provided with the highest quality dining experience.
JOB TASKS (ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Works with chefs with introduction to each kitchen station, learning prep and execution for both AM and PM service, banquet, and special events.
- Prepares and cooks menu items to established quality standards. Ensures items are timely coordinated with other kitchen operations, presented at proper portions and temperatures, with all dish components present.
- Adopts new methods of preparation as directed by Chefs and accommodates guest’s special requests as required.
- Assists with organizing, preparing, and maintaining food prep par levels. Develops an awareness of business volume forecasts and plans accordingly.
- Requisitions items needed to produce menu items and notifies supervisor of expected shortages in a timely manner.
- Assist with receiving and storing products.
- Ensures kitchen sanitation standards are met in designated areas and assists in maintaining cleanliness in kitchen and food storage areas.
- Observes food serve safe practices and all general safety protocols.
- Participates in required trainings and meetings.
- Performs other tasks and duties as required.
- Work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and outdoors (+85°F), for one hour or more.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, and visual acuity.
- Requires communicating effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must be able to lift up and transport up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Certified Responsible Beverage Server (or be willing to obtain certification)
- ServSafe Certified (or be willing to obtain certification)
- Ability to communicate effectively, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize needs in a fast-paced environment
- High confidence level in addressing unplanned or short-notice issues requiring sound judgment
- Understand the basics of team leadership and be a point person for F&B operations
- Previous experience with operation of cutlery and commercial kitchen equipment, preferred
- Needs and wants to be part of a winning team having an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Schedule / Hours / Compensation
- This is a full time, seasonal job [May – August, with potential to continue through October]
- Weekend hours are required
- Nighttime hours are required
- Holiday hours are required
- Schedule is subject to change based on Gordon Lodge events and hours of operations
- Hourly compensation based on experience with bonus opportunity
- Any request or anticipated absence from the agreed schedule requires prior approval from the Banquet Chef.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.