This position assists Full-Time staff at Peninsula with trails and grounds management.
70% Trails and Grounds Maintenance: Operate equipment. Mow and trim grass on trails, at campgrounds, and day use areas. Remove brush and cut down hazard trees. Trail and signage maintenance and repairs.
20% Repair and Maintain equipment: Repair small motors, maintain mowing equipment, chainsaws, and other maintenance tools and equipment.
10% Facility Maintenance: Maintain restrooms, shower facilities, and other park buildings. Paint buildings and picnic tables. Pick up litter, clean public use areas, haul garbage, and maintain fire rings and grills. Minor road repair. Perform minor facility repairs.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with trail and grounds maintenance.
- Equipment repair and maintenance experience.
- Experience using hand and power tools including chainsaws.
- Possess or ability to obtain DNR chainsaw safety certification and 1st Aid/CPR certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and public.
- Training or experience in vehicle operations including UTVs, 4-wheel drive trucks, heavy equipment, trailers, dump trucks.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, be self-motivated and punctual.
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate vehicles and some equipment.
February 18, 2019
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Jessica A Doell
9462 Shore Road
Fish Creek, WI 54212
RE: Job Code 12812
Application materials will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
**** Due to the nature of this position the Department of Natural Resources will conduct a comprehensive criminal background check on applicants prior to selection. Pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the DNR does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.