Julie's Park Cafe in Fish Creek is hiring a dishwasher for the 2019 season. Position begins at the end of April and runs to the end of October. Shifts are from 7:30 am - 3:30/4pm, 5-6 days per week. Part time also available.
Summary of Position:
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dish area and equipment clean and organized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keep dish area clean and organized.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul kitchen trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Assist in simple food preparations.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.