This position assists Full-Time staff at Peninsula with grounds and facilities management. The position also maintains and operates equipment, performs repairs to facilities, and cleans facilities.
40% Grounds Maintenance: Operate equipment. Mow and trim grass at campgrounds, day use areas and trails. Paint buildings and picnic tables. Pick up litter, clean public use areas, haul garbage, and maintain fire rings and grills. Minor road repair. Remove brush and cut down hazard trees.
40% Facility Maintenance: Operate equipment. Maintain restrooms, shower facilities, and other park buildings. Perform minor facility repairs including but not limited to plumbing, doors, windows, walls, and concrete.
20% Repair and Maintain equipment: Repair small motors, maintain mowing equipment, chainsaws, and other maintenance tools and equipment.
- Knowledge, skills and experience of general maintenance duties such as janitorial, grounds work, and painting.
- Building/facility or repair maintenance experience.
- Experience using hand and power tools including chain saws.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and public.
- Training or experience in vehicle operations including 4-wheel drive trucks, tractors, dump trucks.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, be self-motivated and punctual.
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate vehicles and some equipment.
March 25, 2019
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Jessica A Doell
9462 Shore Road
Fish Creek, WI 54212
RE: Job Code 12809
Application materials will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
**** Due to the nature of this position the Department of Natural Resources will conduct a comprehensive criminal background check on applicants prior to selection. Pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the DNR does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.