Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is seeking full time and part time seasonal assistance in our bakery and farm market. We open May 19th and have work available immediately. We offer competitive pay, overtime pay, year-round housing if needed, shopping discounts and more. Read on to learn more!
Bakery Responsibilities include:
- Assist in team production of cookies, pies, fudge, and more
- Operate commercial bakery equipment including fryer, dishwasher, mixers, ovens, fudge kettle
- Help clean kitchen and equipment at the end of day
- Prep and package bakery items at priority times
Market Responsibilities may include:
- Greet guests throughout the day, assisting in product questions on the floor
- Assist at our sample counter
- Operate simple cash drawer for popcorn, slushies, smoothies, and coffee sales
- Preparation of popcorn and coffee
- Stocking nearby product tables
- Assist in serving bakery and fudge at our bakery sales area
- Packaging pastries/fudge
- Restocking items during day
- Preparing samples of goodies
- Take payment as customers exit the farm market
- Operate a POS system and collect cash, check and credit card payments
- Package purchase items for safe travel
- Maintain a clean, stocked, and organized station
- Restock retail displays on occasion
- Positive attitude with a team mentality
- Hard work ethic
- Experience in a retail setting a plus but we will train
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand during shift
- Ability to lift 15 pounds as needed
For our seasonal staff, we start our pay around $12.00-$14.00 per hour, depending on experience/role and with opportunity for increase. Overtime hours are paid at 1.5x base pay.
We are open Monday-Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the summer months. In September and October we are also open from 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays. Generally, full-day shifts go from 8:45am-5:15pm with varied start/end times depending on the day and position. Part time shifts are available.
We have a variety of perks that we can offer with this part-time job: Free/Discounted Food and Drinks, Shopping Discount, and a possible End-of-season Bonus.
Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a premier destination for shopping and fun on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Wisconsin. We are family owned and operated with fruit orchards, a processing plant, a canning company, and farm market with an in-store bakery. We specialize in cherries and apples and offer them to our customers in a variety of forms - fresh off the tree, canned in fillings or jams, baked in pies and other goodies, pressed into juice and even dried and covered in chocolate! We are family friendly and have a large playground area with a rope maze and peddle carts for kids of all ages to enjoy.
We have housing available for month-by-month rental. There are four bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large basement area for storage/working out, and a large communal kitchen and laundry area. Utilities/wi-fi included. $650/month per room. To rent our housing, you must work a minimum of 10-15 hours/week with us.
Interested in learning more or setting up an interview? Email Laura at email@example.com. We are now taking applications!