The Director of Quality will oversee the operation and administration of the Quality teams to drive continuous improvement. In this role, initiation of strategic objectives related to cost, quality, and delivery are imperative. The Director of Quality will maintain a collaborative relationship with organizational leadership, operations and engineering to ensure achievement of growth targets, positive customer relationships, and industry leading product quality and reliability. This role requires a functional leader who can utilize their industry expertise to lead quality team members at all levels within the organization.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the quality function and team while ensuring proper interface and communication with manufacturing, operations, engineering, sales, and supply chain.
- Ensure internal processes and metrics are aligned to create the highest product quality and competitive advantage.
- Build strong relationships with the customer supplier quality, purchasing, and engineering organizations.
- Ensure customer requirements are well understood, communicated, and adhered to.
- Build a strong, high performing quality organization with a clear vision and mission to support company growth.
- Interpret quality control philosophy for key personnel within the organization.
- Review the analysis of customer returns and excess quality cost reports, ensuring trends are identified and proper corrective actions are implemented.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with management team to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and organizational support.
- Highly accomplished and seasoned quality professional with extensive and effective quality staff leadership and management experience in manufacturing operation.
- Extensive experience in a durable product manufacturer preferable in CNC machining, metal fabrication, welding or foundries. Knowledge of raw materials and other manufacturing processes such as plating, welding, heat treating, and casting is important.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Production Operations or related field preferred.
- Certified Manager of Quality/Certified Quality Engineer (CMQOE, CQE) preferred.
- Expert knowledge in metrology and application of gage measuring devices for machined and fabricated parts.
- Expert GD&T experience and knowledge with application to machined and fabricated parts.
- Strong and proven leadership characteristics with an ability to manage and develop teams. Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with team members, peers, vendors and customers.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills applied to identify weaknesses and strengths of alternative solutions or approaches to opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement methods like Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies. Experience as internal auditor.
- Knowledge of AIAG, APQP, PFMEA, PPAP, MSA and SPC.
- Knowledge of statistical engineering tools for process optimization, capability analysis and problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of basic manufacturing economics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001:2015, TS-16949 and AS-9100.
- Ability to learn customers’ varied quality requirements and to ensure production adherence to standards. Willingness to make decision based on customer specifications and manufacturing capabilities.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office and computer systems like JobBoss, UniPoint, MeasureLink, Fortis, etc.
- Ability to develop and prepare process documentation, technical reports and presentations.