Waterfront Restaurant is focused on exceeding our guests' expectations with extraordinary food, a stunning location and most importantly, excellent service. We are a contemporary, upscale restaurant located on the water in beautiful Sister Bay. We are currently looking for a high energy, hard working Host/Hostess for the 2019 season.
The Host's primary job is to welcome, greet and seat guests in a gracious, accommodating, and professional manner. You are our guests' first impression!
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome guests by greeting them graciously and professionally
- Escort guests to their table, accommodate any special requests
- Assist the management team to ensure the dining room runs smoothly
- Manage the reservation book and process telephone and in-person reservations
- Assist in polishing glassware, silverware and general tidiness of all menus and drink menus
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Answer the phone and guest's questions regarding operating hours of the restaurant and any promotion/events
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills and a tidy & professional presentation
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and a willingness to engage with guests in a professional manner
- Ability to be flexible and to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced enviroment
- Friendly, open disposition
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
A qualified applicant is a true “people person” who is calm under pressure, loves hospitality, and knows how to multi-task while remaining efficient.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time or Seasonal
Location: Sister Bay, Door County, WI
Salary: Based on Experience + End of Season Bonus
If you're a hard worker and love the restaurant business or if this job sounds like a great fit, we'd love to hear from you.