Primary Objective of Position:
Project a favorable image of the resort. Solicit, evaluate, and sell group business for the resort. Work to meet overall budgeted sales and profit margins.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Solicit, evaluate, sell, and confirm business to meet overall budgeted sales and profit margins. Must be willing to cold call.
- Participate in solving problems with other departments as required – and related to business booked in the resort to achieve smooth function and guest satisfaction.
- Respond to mail, telephone calls, and website inquiries - in a courteous manner and build relationships. Mail/Email brochures, flyers, photos, and other informational communications.
- Prepare customer proposals and contracts - including but not limited to: correspondence, blocking meeting rooms, tracking deposits, making customer requested changes and working with other resort staff to track and release rooms according to contract, and take care of related customer needs.
- Contact prospects and customers to promote goodwill and foster additional business, repeat bookings or referrals from the other resorts.
- Assist meeting/event planners with planning and coordinating resort details to maximize customer satisfaction. Answer inquiries, write contracts and be the main contact person for customer questions.
- Enhance the resort’s image and stay abreast of competition, new developments and sales methods and techniques in the resort industry (MPI and WSAE involvement) to maximize knowledge and profitability.
- Prepare reports in a timely and efficient manner - to keep your supervisor informed, and help to improve management decision-making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention to facilitate prompt corrective action (when appropriate).
- Utilize the resort’s CRM program – input contact information, make call-back notations, notes, and other data for reference.
- Schedule and conduct site tours.
- Serve as back-up to both the Administrative Assistant and the Director of Marketing & Sales – as part of the Sales/Marketing Department.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all other departments. Attend meetings with staff, prospects, and customers to build favorable working relationships.
- Perform related duties as required or requested.
- Prefer 2-3 years of sales/hospitality field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to represent the resort with poise and character in any situation.
- Ability to work well with people on all levels.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Some weekend work hours may be required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be familiar with computers, and have the willingness to learn new software.