Itasca Automation Systems, LLC - Sturgeon Bay, WI
$20 - $27 an hour
Itasca Automation Systems, LLC - Door County, WI
About Itasca Automation Systems, Inc.
Itasca Automation Systems is a world leader in the design and manufacture of precision coil winding equipment for the automotive, appliance, aerospace and industrial industries. Our products are individually designed to meet our customer's specific needs. Using state of the art manufacturing equipment and a utilizing a lean manufacturing approach, we specialize in the collaborative design of automated coil winding equipment. Our products include automated multi-spindle winders, terminal insertion, soldering, taping, testing and other core coil finishing processes. Our facilities are located on the beautiful Door County Peninsula in Wisconsin. Surrounded by the waters of Lake Michigan, Door County is known for its charming towns and villages, natural beauty and as a recreational and vacation destination in Wisconsin.
Summary: Perform machine setups on all CNC equipment to insure quality and the most efficient production process. Responds to problems with machinery and make repairs that are necessary to keep production on line. Performs and records quality assurance checks on parts to insure precise production. Makes offset adjustments and changes inserts when needed. Maintain accurate production reports.
Safety is #1 at IAS: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Assist and assumes duties of the Team Leader in their absence.
2. Can read, write and edit CNC programs.
3. Determine and repair fixture and programming problems.
4. Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost effective manner.
5. Can read and understand load report.
6. Performs first part inspections.
7. Ability to set up all measuring tools.
8. Assists in the training of new employees.
9. Improves efficiencies whenever practical.
10. Performs machine setups on all CNC equipment to insure quality
12. Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost effective manner.
13. Improves efficiencies whenever practical.
14. Performs machine start up to insure proper operation.
15. Trains employees who have problems with machines on proper operation of machines.
16. Adjusts machine and program to insure proper specifications are being met.
17. Repairs parts that do not meet specifications and revises machine setups to meet requirements.
18. Reads and understands prints and sketches.
19. Continuously monitors machines for worn parts to prevent production slowdowns or shutdowns.
20. Performs parts inspections during machine operation with precision measuring equipment and documents the results.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school plus completion of a two-year program in machining or equivalent on the job training. OJT must be 2 years or more.
Experience and Skills Required: At least two years of recent related machine shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Considerable knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in machining operations.
2. Considerable knowledge of the manufacturing production process.
3. Considerable knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
4. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to monitor and help develop a quality assurance program in a production environment.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Benefits: Payed Vacation, Medical Insurance, Dential, 401K and Vision
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $27.00 /hour