Job Title: Museum Attendant Type: Seasonal
Reports to: Membership/Volunteer Coordinator
Schedule: Mid-June – September, 10:30am – 4:15pm Tuesday through Saturday,
September-Mid October, 10:30am – 4:15pm Friday and Saturday,
Job summary: Museum Attendants serve as ambassadors of the Ephraim Historical Foundation and assist visitors in the Anderson Store Museum. You will have the unique opportunity of complementing the visitor’s experience by encouraging them to visit our other museums, taking tours and sharing additional stories of the people and places of Ephraim not told in them.
You will frequently be the primary contact that visitors encounter and represent the Ephraim Historical Foundation to visitors. This encounter will have the greatest impact on a guest’s experience.
- Being an ambassador of the Ephraim Historical Foundation to the public and sharing with them the history, heritage, culture, and identity of the Village of Ephraim and its people.
- Assist visitors with purchases.
- Keep store tidy.
- Keep track of inventory
- Promote Tram and Walking Tours to visitors.
- Being available to assist with large group tours as scheduled.
- Attend volunteer meetings and trainings as needed.
- Developing a working knowledge of the Ephraim Historical Foundation’s museums.
- Welcoming visitors and informing them about the general history of the Ephraim Historical Foundation and museums.
- Giving informed and accurate answers to visitors’ questions and directing them to the correct source if the answer is not known.
- Interest in learning and sharing the history of Ephraim with visitors.
- Retail background
- Familiarity with Square