Under the direction of the Director of Sales, you'll be implementing and finalizing all details of assigned conferences and social events to include food & beverage, audio visual, activities, room sets, etc. You'll be acting as the liaison between group leaders and resort staff in all said areas. This position will also be responsible for generating Group sales to maximize revenue opportunities.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility:
- Communicate to the various resort operational departments the needs of a particular group coming on property.
- Oversee implementation and completion of groups through BEOs (Banquet Event Orders) generated from data input into CRM.
- Manage and collaborate with operations to ensure both banquet products and menus are updated on documents and in CRM.
- Lead the weekly BEO meeting in order to ensure instructions are clearly understood by all involved parties, i.e. Banquet Operations, Banquet kitchen, restaurants, etc.
- Participate in other weekly internal meetings representing sales/services to help communicate needs and ensure goals are being met.
- Schedule pre-cons to include clients and the Landmark department leads to reiterate instructions that have been given in the final form just prior to conference/event start.
- Maintaining constant contact with groups when on property to ensure needs or changes are being conveyed to operations is imperative.
- Book Group lodging and event business in accordance with established sales goals.
- Represent the Landmark, Door County’s largest resort, at key identified industry events as well as during business travels.
- Conduct site tours showcasing the Landmark in a unique and inviting fashion.
- Continually understand and communicate accurately Landmark products, services and specifications based on customers’ needs.
- Respond to incoming sales leads in an expedited fashion to gain leverage over competition.
- Follow all departmental procedures and timelines for identified tools and processes.
- Maintain proper, timely and accurate written documentation of all direct sales contact and client interactions within appropriate systems.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at the Landmark.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be capable of some computer programs, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with CRM and Logical is helpful. Strong communication skills through e-mail and over the phone are required. Requires the ability to communicate clearly and precisely in a variety of significant situations, both in verbal and written forms. Requires the ability to clearly communicate the directions given by clients to operations staff in order for conferences to run smoothly. Also requires sales abilities in order to upsell and increase resort revenues. Strong decision-making skills, oftentimes on the spot are needed.
- Requires heavy workload in order to develop BEO and keep client database and information accurate.
- Shifts vary, maybe early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from the Landmark.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- General office conditions prevail.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates who receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check prior to being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.