Job summary: The Outreach Assistant is a part-time summer position with the primary role to act as assistant for the summer programing and outreach of the Ephraim Historical Foundation and the Svalhus Library. This includes, and is not limited to, taking part in EHF programs and events, staffing the Svalhus Library, cataloguing/scanning archives, and directing the public. As is true for all non-profits, the Outreach Assistant will take on additional duties and responsibilities beyond those outlined below as the Foundation’s mission and operations requires and as instructed by the Outreach Director/Curator.
- Part-time seasonal position (approximately 20 hours per week). 8-week position, June 15 – August 15 (start and end date flexible)
- Hours will include occasional night and weekend programs.
- Hourly position: $13.25 per hour
- Reports to the Outreach Director/Curator
- Svalhus Library:
- Taking part in staffing (9 hours per week) the Svalhus Library to assist visitors and researchers.
- Catalogue and archive as instructed by the Outreach Director/Curator
- EHF Programs:
- Provide assistance, such as set-up, staffing, and take down, under the supervision of the Outreach Director/Curator, of the EHF’s summer programs:
- Fyr Bal booth
- History Speaks
- Child’s Play
- Ephraim Heritage Day
- Ephraim Schoolroom Lessons
- EHF Events:
- Provide assistance, such as set-up, staffing, and take down, under the supervision of the Outreach Director/Curator, of the EHF’s summer events:
- Exhibit Reception
- Summer Social
- EHF Annual Meeting
- Volunteer Appreciation event
- Facebook posts
- Blog Posts
Act as fill-in docent in EHF museums and as a Tour Guide as needed.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to EHF Outreach Director and Curator Emily Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or to our mailing address at P.O. Box 165, Ephraim, WI 54211. Applications will be accepted through May 15, 2019. Review and interviews will begin in late May.