Traonsportation Coordinator - Part Time 24 - 28 hours per week with benefits including PTO, Life/Disability Insurance, Holiday Pay, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Coordinates our Transportation program by maintaining our fleet of vehicles to ensure safe transportation for the clients we serve. This position serves as the lead to maintain records/complete reports, coordinate transportation schedules for clients/drivers, perform necessary safety checks, scheduling of preventative maintenance for all vehicles and to provide related training to all drivers to ensure best practices and safety for Sunshine Resources of Door County.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities (Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned):
- Serves as the point person for transportation scheduling for all clients while maintaining the PC Trans data base. Updates bus logs and assists with route development and coordinates changes in routes; works with the Service Navigator Lead to make changes to client schedules. Provides oversight to arrival and departure schedules and routine; ensures all procedures and best practices are utilized for client safety, comfort and efficiency. Monitors for route efficiency and makes suggestions accordingly to drivers.
- Carries transportation cell phone and communicates any changes in schedules for drivers based on client absence or change in schedule.
- Provides new hire and annual training for all drivers per SDRC Policy and Procedure.
- Schedules drivers to cover available routes keeping in mind other duties within the organization; Drives Non-CDL bus to transport individuals to and from Sunshine Resources and other transportation contracts; Drives 3-4 routes per week and as needed.
- Maintains detailed vehicle records; Schedules routine/seasonal maintenance on all buses, vans, cars, and box truck is completed in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner; maintains all records, schedules work to be performed, communicates necessary information to drivers about vehicle assignments. Alerts Administration to unusual repair, safety, or concerns about fleet.
- Completes and reports or documentation necessary for compliance and is has computer skills to maintain data base for scheduling.
- Alerts the Director of Human Resources or the CEO of any driving habits or violations of safety of other staff that might be unacceptable or unsafe.
- Assists the CEO to determine new transportation opportunities that in the community for the disabled or elderly that have the potential for new business and revenue; Drives for any on-going tranportation contracts as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience with a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Computer Skills