Automation and Assembly Technician
Itasca Automation Systems, LLC is seeking an Automation and Assembly Technician to assist with the Company's custom automated coil winding equipment. We are located in Egg Harbor, WI, pay is in the $22-27 per hour range based on experience and includes benefits.
Itasca Automation Systems is creating better and more efficient ways to wind a variety of coil products every day. In this role the Automation and Assembly Technician will work with a variety of customers on a variety of projects, all customized to our customer’s needs. The individual MUST be able to work independently, and have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and work with a variety of tools which help create custom products. This role works closely with engineering and a skilled group of fabricators including CNC machinists, technical specialists and assemblers that form a talented team with long tenure. The desired candidate will have the following responsibilities, skill sets, and qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Examine equipment and determine needed services, or repairs.
- Provide customer training on proper use of equipment.
- Accurately evaluate both mechanical and electrical problems and implement the needed repairs.
- Manage schedules and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs and assembly priorities.
- Examine equipment and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed
- Disassemble defective machines for repair at the customer location, using hand tools.
- Work closely with Engineering to report specific machine issues and implement the appropriate course of action.
- Diagnose failures of winding equipment components using test equipment and hand tools.
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools and replacement parts.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety.
- Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer.
- The ability to perform Installation, commissioning and service on our coil winding equipment throughout North America.
- Work with sales to ensure that all project requirements and specifics that may impact service are understood to obtain the desired results.
- Ensure that all equipment is fully functional and ready for sign off before leaving the site.
- Provide trouble shooting assistance over the phone.
- Maintain all tools and resources in good working condition.
- Must be a strong people person and have the ability to listen to and understand the customer's situation.
- Able to perform a wide range of activities including day-to-day tech support, customer training, and assembly.
- Maintain a polished and professional attitude at all times.
- A strong working knowledge in the mechanical and electrical field.
- Knowledge of PLC and CNC programming and pneumatic technology.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to establish effective rapport with all employees and customers
- Ability to take initiative and organize your own work independently
- Competent customer services skills, with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues
- Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction
- Willing and able to travel, occasional overnight travel may be required
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs)
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and electronic schematics.
- Minimum 1-3 years of automation experience
- Electro mechanical background with specific knowledge of Automation Equipment & related software.
- Strong ability to use a variety of tools.
- Must be proficient at reading and interpreting blue prints and schematics.
- CNC and PLC experience required.
- Understanding or experience in assembling complete jobs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Specifically ability to use Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Associates Degree, Bachelors degree a plus
- Valid passport needed.
- Available to work overtime on occasion with minimal notice
- A valid driver's license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour