Primary Objective of Position:
To perform a variety of maintenance/repair work including electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and carpentry, preventing costly breakdown and contributing toward a smoothly functioning resort operation. Maintain resort landscaping in a manner as to assist in the natural growth of wild areas around all buildings. Maintain all lawns and specific landscaped areas in their intended manner. Maintain all flower beds.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs on a regular basis scheduled preventative maintenance duties of equipment to avoid costly repairs.
2. Preforms on a regular basis preventative maintenance on units to maintain quality.
3. Functions and is trained as a member of the resort emergency team to provide safety for employees and resort guests.
4. Performs any other related duties as required or requested.
5. Performs repairs as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Deals with employees and guests in a manner that reflects the professional standards as set by the resort and the maintenance department.
7. Responsible for maintaining resort property, security, landscape, appearance, litter and all safety standards on a daily basis.
8. Answer all pager calls within 15 minutes.
9. Maintains all engineering areas in a clean and orderly fashion to provide efficient workspace.
10. Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or unusual matters to facilitate corrective action if required.
11. Attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees promoting higher morale, productivity, and efficiency. Maintains a professional working relationship with all other departments.
- Must have current valid driver’s license (not probationary or occupational).
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of customers and staff.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
Be able to reach, bend, stoop and occasionally lift to 100 lbs.