This full-time position will be responsible for managing projects for Therma-Tron-X, Inc.. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects moving through our facility from design all the way through to start-up. Travel will be a necessary part of the role. The Project Engineer will be required to travel to our customer sites as necessary during the sales, engineering, installation, and start-up phases of each project. Follow-up trouble-shooting, service, and warranty visits will also be required.
- Support Sales department as needed
- Review quotes and specifications
- Suggest new concepts to meet customer requirements
- Price non-standard items
- Direct, manage, and support R & D projects
- Provide direction to Lead Designers and Detailers on engineering and design specifications.
- Approve fabrication drawings prior to release (responsible for the contents of all prints in production for jobs assigned).
- Order long lead time items and monitor delivery of same.
- Approve materials being requisitioned for purchase.
- Write and price addendums to address customer’s changing requirements during the project.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers.
- Develop and approve all required engineering documentation including operation manuals, maintenance manuals, recommended spare parts lists, etc.
- Work closely with the fabrication personnel to complete the project.
- Manage the fabrication phase of the project to ensure continuity with the contract and design specifications. Ensure that final drawings reflect the end product.
- Assist the Field Installation Manager in development and review of subcontractor proposals and bids
- Support Installation Supervisors; providing phone support, additional materials, updated prints, etc.
- Site visits for site evaluation and preparation, equipment review during installation, start-up and training, as required.
- Collect all required documentation, including Operator Training Letters, Equipment Acceptance Forms, Safety Review Forms, Field Installation Reports, etc.
- Maintain communication and relationships with key customer representatives.
- Generate and communicate potential sales leads to TTX Management.
- Resolve problems and issues as they arise.
- Support the Engineering Services Manager and the Field Installation Supervisors as necessary.
- 3 – 5 years of Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Possess an assertive, self-driving attitude