Seaquist Orchards Farm Market - Sister Bay, Wisconsin · Bakery
We are a family owned and operated seasonal Farm Market located in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin. We are looking for a Baker to assist in early morning baking and day to day production from May to late October. We specialize in pies and apple cider doughnuts but also bake a wide range of pastries, like cookies, turnovers, cakes, and more. We execute most production during the day time and, as such, the baker's role can vary from baking/finishing items to sell in our retail store to assisting in product production in an organized and timely manner. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience in a kitchen, preferably a commercial kitchen. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Execute baking in the early morning
- Prepare a variety of products for baking as directed
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Manage multiple ovens and timers throughout baking
- Assist in production of made from scratch and ready to finish items as directed
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools after use
- Experience a plus but we will train
- Familiarity of food safety practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work early morning shifts, varied hours, or long days
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Being a seasonal business, we have work available from May to early November, possibly into December. Full time hours are available with the opportunity for overtime hours paid at 1.5x base pay. For our bakers we start our pay at $12.75/hour for little or no experience and $14.25/hour for bakers with prior baking experience in a commercial setting. Full-time bakers may work on holidays but receive holiday pay for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day in addition to their hourly pay. For returning bakers that work more than 1000 hours a season with us, we offer a competitive 401k and up to 10 hours paid volunteer work in surrounding community. We provide lunches free at our festivals, discounted lunches on weekends, and free cider slushies, popcorn, baked goods, and coffee daily. All bakers receive a 20% discount for shopping in-store. End of season bonuses may be awarded based on performance.