Primary Objective of Position:
Embody the Landmark Resort’s mission, vision, and values. Provide the premiere Door County experience by always working to exceed the guest’s expectations and by elevating the guest’s experience. We don’t sell rooms, we create memories.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Develop a strong knowledge of resort facilities, room types and features, and local area information. Need to be up to date on all area festivals and activities. Personalize recommendations to guest’s needs and interests.
- Answer all calls within 3 rings and in a professional manner. Direct calls to proper extension or voicemail as appropriate. Handle emergency calls in a calm and professional manner. Notify all necessary managers and emergency personnel.
- Accurately input maintenance and housekeeping requests into the computer system
- Create and update reservations taken over the phone and online accurately. Collect appropriate deposit and explain cancellation policy to every guest. Know all rate plans and group blocks. Cancel all reservations based on the cancellation policy and refund guest appropriately.
- Process all check-ins and check-outs in a cheerful and welcoming manner. Accurately issue keys either digitally or by creating a physical key card following established key control policies.
- Address all guest’s complaints or concerns with the goal of resolving it immediately. Follow guest resolution process to resolve issue to guest’s and the resort’s satisfaction. Escalate issues as needed.
- Responsible for accurate cash handling following established procedures.
- Promote and accurately sell guest service items, amenities, and store sales items before and after check-in.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with all other departments.
- Keep your direct supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to your attention to facilitate corrective action.
- Know and follow all resort policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- High School education
- 6 months in a guest facing role
- Ability to type accurately
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook preferred
- Knowledge of Lodgical PMS or other property management system preferred
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, stretch, and stand on feet for long periods of time. –
- Must be able to lift maximum of 60 lbs.