Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a premier destination for shopping and fun on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Wisconsin. We are family owned and operated with fruit orchards, a processing plant, a canning company, and farm market with an in-store bakery. We specialize in cherries and apples and offer them to our customers in a variety of forms - fresh off the tree, canned in fillings or jams, baked in pies and other goodies, pressed into juice and even dried and covered in chocolate! We are family friendly and have events and festivals throughout the summer. Outside our market there is a large playground area with a rope maze and peddle carts for kids of all ages to enjoy.
The Farm Market is a seasonal operation with our retail store and bakery open from mid-May to late October. We are looking for a Samples Sales Associate to work our sample counter starting in late May. We sample dozens of products, rotating the samples weekly. Your main goal is to be a friendly, welcoming personality to guests as they enter the store. You would maintain the samples (keeping them both filled and cleaned) and also handle coffee, popcorn, slushie and smoothie sales as well throughout the day. Regular stocking of product both on the counter and tables and below them is required. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience in a retail setting and enjoy a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer an enjoyable experience to our customers on a daily basis.
- Greet guests thoughout the day, assisting in product questions on the floor
- Maintain samples by filling jars and crackers/pretzels
- Continously clean and wipe down sample jars, plates, and area as it can get messy
- Operate simple cash drawer for popcorn, slushies, smoothies, and coffee sales
- Preparation of popcorn and coffee
- Stocking product tables
- Close down sample counter as directed
- Clean sample kitchen tables, utensils, and sinks after use
- Positive attitude with a team mentality
- Hard work ethic
- Experience in a retail setting a plus but we will train
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand during shift
- Ability to lift 15 pounds as needed
For our seasonal sales associate staff, we start our pay at $12.00/hour, with opportunity for increase. Overtime hours are paid at 1.5x base pay.
We are open Monday-Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the summer months. In September and October we are also open from 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays. Generally, our associates work between 8:30am-5:30pm with varied start/end times depending on the day.
We have a variety of benefits that we offer, including: Holiday Pay, 401K, Volunteering Benefit, Free/Discounted Food and Drinks, Shopping Discount, and a possible End-of-season Bonus. Specifics to these will be discussed further in intitial interview.
Interested in learning more or setting up an interview? Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot her a text at 920.421.1328. We are now taking applications!