Perform preventative and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of manufacturing equipment, with the majority being punch presses, multi-slides, molding machines and related auxiliary equipment. Diagnose and replace mechanical and electrical components. Repair and maintain the building, grounds and facility utility systems.
- Performs scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance according to documented procedures and instructions. Documents activities.
- Ensure equipment is safe and operational; troubleshoots non-functioning machines and equipment to determine cause of mechanical problems.
- Use electric test equipment such as multi-meter and insulation tester to diagnose electrical problem.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Use rulers, calipers and micrometers to inspect part geometry against original specifications to determine if part is fit for use.
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand and power tools.
- Tests performance of repaired equipment and machines to verify effectiveness of repairs.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, indicators, etc.
- Lubricate and clean machines and equipment.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for machine repair or spare parts, tools and supplies as required for maintenance activities.
- Regularly checks the functioning of basic facility equipment and grounds and makes the necessary repairs or escalates issues to supervisor as appropriate.
- Performs minor repairs to plumbing, light fixtures, alarms and HVAC system.
- Performs other maintenance tasks such as painting, installing signage, etc.
- HS Diploma required; technical training and/or some college course in an industrial maintenance or related field preferred.
- 3+ years experience in an equipment maintenance position.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical literature and electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Strong knowledge of hand and power tools, hydraulic systems, pump rebuilds, valves and gasket replacement.
- Basic operational knowledge of machine components, including AC & DC motors, PLC, machine and control panel wiring, industrial sensors, control I/O, precision bearings, lead screws, linear guides, power transmission systems, safety guarding and pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Must be willing to respond to on-call requests for assistance to ensure continuity of production.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills (internet and email) desired; will manage data in maintenance software, Managers Plus.