Community Employment Coordinator - Full - Time - Monday thru Friday. This includes generous sign on bonus and excellent Benefits including PTO, Insurance, 401k and paid Holidays off!
This position is responsible to provide coordination for Prevocational/Supportive Employment and works with DVR, as our Program Specialist, to assist people with disabilities in our community find a job, keep a job, or get a better job with a focus on community integration for individuals seeking work experiences.
This is a “hands on” position providing all aspects of service and Case Management for each client; assists to explore work opportunities in our community, career planning, skills training, job search schedules Job Coaches, transportation, and completes the necessary assessments and documentation that will assist participants to develop work skills/interpersonal skills to be successful in the workplace. Ensures Sunshine Resources of Door County is in compliance with all aspects of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and compliance with Section 511 of FLSA and employment of youth with disabilities (IDEA).
This position demands service skills that include ability to inspire and motivate clients, developing relationships with members of the community, ability to communicate effectively and teach positive work ethic and life skills to people of all ages and abilities. As a part of the client services team, this position plays a key role on site and in the community to enhance the well-being and to meet current and future needs of our clients in concert with our mission, goals and objectives.
- Some advanced training in Special Education, Social Work, Human Services, Vocational Rehabilitation or related field preferred; Experience as a trainer and recruiter a plus.
- Certification as an Employment Support Professional or the ability to obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Some experience working with individuals with physical and developmental disabilities in a community based organization, school or other program; certificate or training in Autism is preferred or can be obtained.
- At least 1 year experience as a of demonstrated knowledge/skill to provide integrated community and customized employment services to a variety of populations.
- Working knowledge or willing to train in the areas of WIOA, 14C, and IDEA.
- Working knowledge regarding ADA, human rights, HIPAA and confidentiality.