SUMMARY: Operates machine that performs packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers and assist with general winemaking procedures by performing the following duties.
- Adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures and maintains conformity with Quality Policies.
- Cleans and Sanitizes all areas and machines within the packaging halls in accord with company policies.
- Sets up, operates, and cleans machines and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Intervenes for minor mechanical adjustments and notifies Supervisor.
- Executes mechanical and automated processes or repairs such as opening valves, setting guides, changing over machines, or clearing away damaged product or containers.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Fills, seal and stack cases followed by securing the full pallet of wine.
- Warehouse organization.
- Fulfilling orders and loading/unloading semis.
- Assists with the production of wine under the supervision of the head winemaker.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good candidates must fit in with our enthusiastic team environment.
- Willing to do multiple jobs in a production/cellar environment
- Candidates must be safety focused and love to clean.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be able to twist and turn, be able to reach over your shoulders, and work in standing/walking position at a steady pace.
- The packaging team members rotate through all of our packaging department. Constant cleaning and frequent machine maintenance is required.
- Machine operation experience is a plus.
- Forklift skills a plus but not required. On job training is provided. Willing to learn and operate a must.
Job Type: Full-time
- machine operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carsville (just North of Sturgeon Bay WI)