N.E.W. Industries, a growing, innovative CNC machine operation in beautiful Door County, is seeking an entry level candidate that we can train for a career in quality assurance. This position provides measurement support to production’s efforts to consistently product high quality metal parts. If you have good math and measurement skills, a high attention to detail and an ability to handle multiple tasks, apply today to become a part of our privately held, progressive business where you are treated like family.
This is a second shift position scheduled for Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- Use measurement devices like micrometers, calipers, height gages, surface plates, gage pins, thread gages, profilometers, etc.
- Perform First Piece Inspections and audits.
- Kit gages for upcoming jobs.
- Perform receiving inspections and final inspections according to Control Plan and blueprint requirements.
- High school diploma required. Some post-secondary education related to quality or engineering desired.
- Ability to learn how to accurately use basic handheld measurement devices.
- Above average math skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn more advanced quality functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Fluent in computers and basic Microsoft Office programs and ERP databases.
- Basic blueprint reading related to machining, welding and fabrication is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to grasp, twist, bend, etc.
- Ability to walk on the production floor.
- Ability to see and to read measurement devices.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, life, disability insurance, a fitness membership supplement and a 401k with a match. Please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our website at www.new-industries.com