Ephraim Historical Foundation
Competitive Pay and Benefits
Reports to the President of the Board of Directors and the Board of Directors
The Ephraim Historical Foundation (EHF), founded in 1949, is a well-known and well-established historical society, and museum in Ephraim, Door County. The mission of the EHF is to preserve and share the history of the village of Ephraim. The ED is responsible for the overall management and care of the EHF and its endowment, the Ephraim Foundation Heritage Fund (HF). www.ephraim.org
The EHF and HF are funded entirely through private donations. The ED has three main areas of responsibilities: Administration, Finance, and Fundraising
An overview of responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Management of Staff and Oversight of Daily Operations for the organization
- Provide team leadership to a staff of two full-time staff, one half-time staff, and six seasonal staff.
- Manage day-to-day functioning of the team working toward the achievement of goals and objectives of the museum. Maintain accountability toward that end.
- Implementation of Board of Directors Initiatives, Plans and Programs (includes the EHF Board of Directors and the HF Board of Directors)
- Provide input to the short and long-range goals of the organization.
- Regularly meet with members and committees of the Board to report on progress toward meeting goals and objectives. Participate in annual, regularly-scheduled and other meetings as needed.
- Apprise them of need-to-know information and circumstances as it pertains to the management of staff and resources of the museum.
- Implement projects, decisions, and plans made at the Board level.
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and financials to provide fiduciary responsibility and transparency.
- Manage the financial resources of the EHF and HF including overseeing the development of the annual budget and being accountable for adhering to the budget.
- Manage the daily accounting (including deposits, billing, payroll, investment statements, etc.) in QuickBooks.
- Provide monthly reporting of financials to the EHF and HF
- Serve as key development professional for the organization and oversee all development and stewardship efforts, including planned giving, annual giving, events (e.g. Annual Summer Social).
- Serve as Community Liaison for the EHF and HF.
- Meet with donors and community members for the purpose of maintaining exemplary relationships in the Door County community.
- Serve as the staff face of the organization to promote the EHF’s mission, programs, initiatives, and events within the community and Door County.
Required Experience and Education
- An advanced degree or equivalent work experience in business management, non-profit management, museum studies and/or historic preservation.
- Proven track record in non-profit management, meeting strategic goals and objectives and program management.
- Proven track record in fundraising, such as successful capital campaigns, planned giving, and/or donor stewardship.
- Enthusiasm for history and historical preservation and stewardship.
- Knowledge of and experience in accounting and related software highly desired.
- Knowledge of local history especially that of Door County and Wisconsin highly desired.
Required Skills – Abbreviated List of High Priority Competencies
- Success and experience in effectively leading and working as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written, networking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skill as a professional communicator for community and leadership purposes.
- Exemplary organizing and planning skills as well as flexibility and adaptability.
- Sound analytical, thinking and problem solving skills including those pertaining to financial management.
Apply by November 15, 2019 with resume, cover letter, and three writing samples related to fundraising to the Ephraim Historical Foundation, PO Box 165, Ephraim, WI 54211 or email@example.com.