Harbor Fish Market & Grille is a small family owned and operated full-service restaurant in Baileys Harbor, WI. We are supportive, fun, inclusive and our goal is to create beautiful and delicious food and beverages while provide an outstanding customer experience.
Our work environment is centered around teamwork and collaboration. We want to foster a work environment that provides growth opportunities (both personally and professionally) for our employees to thrive.
The Bar Manager oversees the staff and operations of a bar by making sure it’s clean, functioning efficiently and inviting for customers to relax in. Their main duties include managing FOH beverage service (both dining room and bar), resolving customer complaints, ensuring the bar’s inventory is well-stocked, bartending, cash management, ordering and training/scheduling additional bartenders.
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000 + tips
- Upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with patrons and team, engaging customers in conversation
- Assists in hiring, supervising, and scheduling bartending staff.
- Trains FOH staff on newest product and service knowledge.
- Consistently comes up with product and service improvements as well as ways to generate new business.
- Observes daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the bar; makes recommendations for corrections, maintenance items and improvements as needed
- Recognizes and addresses potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests
- Troubleshoots any issues that arise - from staffing to customer concerns.
- Process cash and credit card transactions following appropriate procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and team
- Maintain neat, clean and organized bar area according to restaurant specifications
- Thorough understanding of all beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service.
- Ensures beverage quality at all times
- Assists with inventory and inventory control
- Opening or closing the respective shift assigned
- Works well with kitchen managers and other FOH leaders
- Promotes a positive and team-oriented work environment
- Reports directly to the owners on a daily basis
- 2+ years of bartending experience in a similar environment
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of spirits, wine, and mixed cocktails
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient financial understanding
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Computer/Technology literate – ability to use POS and reservation system
- Thorough understanding of inventory management and basic math
- Knowledge of applicable liquor laws and regulations
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handlers Certification & Local License (Town of Baileys Harbor)