Julie's Park Cafe in Fish Creek is looking for a prep cook for the 2019 season. Position begins in May and continues to the end of October.
Summary of Position:
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Cleans prep area at end of shift and relays message to kitchen manager about any work that still needs to be done.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Uses our recipe book for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).