Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is looking to hire two individuals to work a flexible year-round position in our bakery. We open May 19th and have work available immediately. We offer competitive pay, overtime pay, year-round housing if needed, shopping discounts, other benefits, and more. Read on to learn more!
- Execute production (pies, cookies, muffins, fudge, etc) - working in both an individual and team setting
- Prepare, frost, package, and stock baked goods to sell in retail store
- Operate commercial kitchen equipment
- Manage multiple ovens and timers throughout baking
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools after use
- Deep clean and organize kitchen facilities and equipment
Bakery production takes brains and brawn!
Experience in a kitchen in a plus but we will train on the specifics of our production. We need capable individuals that:
- are creative problem solvers
- enjoy a good day’s work - i.e. can stand throughout a shift, lift 30 lbs repeatedly (even 50 lbs once in a while), and overall enjoy physical labor
- can remain focused in a fast-paced environment
- enjoy working in a team setting
- are willing to become certified forklift drivers
For our year-round production staff, we start our pay at $14.00-$15.50/hour, depending on skills/experience. Opportunity for increase. Overtime hours are paid at 1.5x base pay.
Our schedule changes as the season changes!
From May-October we work 5-6 days a week. From November-April we work around 4 days a week. We attempt to take one full month off for rest and relaxation sometime during the winter months.
In total, we work around 1950 hours throughout the year. The bulk of the work hours start and finish sometime between 7am-7pm depending on what time of the year it is.
We have a variety of perks that we can offer: Holiday Pay, 401K, Paid Time Off, Volunteering Benefit, Free/Discounted Food and Drinks, Shopping Discount, and a possible End-of-season Bonus. Specifics to these will be discussed further in the initial interview.
Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a premier destination for shopping and fun on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Wisconsin. We are family owned and operated with fruit orchards, a processing plant, a canning company, and farm market with an in-store bakery. We specialize in cherries and apples and offer them to our customers in a variety of forms - fresh off the tree, canned in fillings or jams, baked in pies and other goodies, pressed into juice and even dried and covered in chocolate! We are family friendly and have a large playground area with a rope maze and peddle carts for kids of all ages to enjoy.
We have housing available for month-by-month rental. There are four bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large basement area for storage/working out, and a large communal kitchen and laundry area. Utilities/wi-fi included. $650/month per room. To rent our housing, you must work a minimum of 10-15 hours/week with us.
Interested in learning more about what a typical day looks like in our bakery or setting up an interview? Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are now taking applications!